Safety First: Car troubles on the road
21st Century Insurance wants to remind you that your safety is our primary concern when you drive your car.
So, if you have car troubles while on the road, please remember to take the following precautions:
• Slow down and pull off to the side of the road; use your indicator lights to signal your intentions.
• Turn on your emergency flashers and, at night, interior light.
• If safe to do so, place a flare or warning device just behind the vehicle and another at least 300 feet back.
• Return to your vehicle, buckle up and sit tight – unless you’re in a particularly risky spot such as a curve or the crest of a hill. In that case, stay out of your car and away from traffic.
• Every covered vehicle on your policy is automatically protected with the full benefits of the 21st Century Security Advantage program. In the event of an accident or breakdown, make sure to call 21st Century roadside assistance at (800) 439-5587.