Auto Insurance Information Center

If I rent a car do I need to purchase the Rental Car Company insurance?

If you have a policy with us and at least one of the vehicles on the policy has physical damage coverage (Comprehensive and Collision coverage), we will provide coverage for physical damage to a rental or temporary loaned vehicle up to the broadest coverage available under the policy for any one of the vehicles insured. So if you have a vehicle insured with us with $500 deductibles on Comprehensive and Collision coverage, the rental vehicle would also have Comprehensive and Collision coverage subject to the same $500 deductibles.

This extension of coverage applies to automobiles, mini-vans, pick-ups/vans and "SUV" or Sport Utility Vehicles of less than 10,000 lbs. G.V.W. (or load capacity of less than one ton.) If you are renting "U-Haul" or "Ryder" type rental trucks you must obtain coverage from the rental company (subject to state exceptions).

The vehicle must be rented and driven within the coverage territory of the policy which includes the United States, its territories or possessions, Puerto Rico, or Canada and coverage for rented vehicles will not exceed 30 days.


General Information

^ Back to Top

Get a Free Auto Insurance Quote:

You're just a click away from seeing how 21st Century can save you money on your auto insurance.


Insurance underwritten by affiliated and non-affiliated companies of 21st Century Insurance, Wilmington, DE. Copyright © 2020

This website contains access to information, services and solicitation for auto insurance. It is produced on behalf of 21st Century Insurance Company for advertising purposes.